This Unit Standard requires learners to be able to perform safety, health and environmental representation activities and to know health and safety legislation relevant to the functions, duties and responsibilities of a Health and Safety Representative at a working place.
The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Explaining the specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities at a working place.
- Describing the legislative framework of workplace health and safety legislation, legislation pertaining to health and safety representatives of health and safety legislation pertaining to the employers and employees (including contractors)
- Participating in the actions to address safety, health and environmental related issues
- Participating in activities within safety, health and environmental structures.
Accreditation: This course is not SAQA / HWSETA Accredited but is based as a short course on the SAQA Unit Standard
Number 259622. Entry Level 1 (Grade 10, English)
This course is to be presented to the elected SHE Rep.
1. Legislation to Health and Safety Representatives (Function)
2. Legislation to Health and Safety Committees (Function)
3. Rights of the employer
4. Documents and recording
Duration: 1 day