This Unit Standard requires learners to be able to perform safety, health and environmental representation activities and to know health and safety legislation relevant to the functions, duties and responsibilities of a Health and Safety Representative at a working place.
The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Explaining the specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities at a working place.
- Describing the legislative framework of workplace health and safety legislation, legislation pertaining to health and safety representatives of health and safety legislation pertaining to the employers and employees (including contractors)
- Participating in the actions to address safety, health and environmental related issues
- Participating in activities within safety, health and environmental structures.
Accreditation: This course is a fully SAQA / HWSETA Accredited course and is based on SAQA Unit Standard Number 259622. Entry Level is level 2 (Grade 10, English). This course is to be presented to ALL Safety Representatives and 16.2 Appointees. This Unit Standard can be done as a Full Qualification or can be divided in short courses.
1. The framework of the workplace’s Health & Safety Legislation.
2. The specified requirements to conduct Safety, Health and Environmental activities at a work place.
3. Address safety, Health & Environmental related issues within the scope of authority.
4. Comply with the activities within the Health, Safety and Environmental structures.
1. Section 24 of the Act.
2. Investigation team
3. Prepare for a meeting.
4. Questioning, disagreements
5. Taking of notes
Duration: 3 days