Do you know what to do in the following situation?
You can know what to do in these situations. Attend a first aid course today!
First Aid is given to a casualty to:
- Preserve Life
- Prevent the condition from worsening; and to
- Promote recovery
Accreditation: This course is a fully SAQA / HWSETA Accredited course and is based on SAQA Unit Standard Number 367480. Entry Level is level 3 (Grade 12 + 1 year, English)
Purpose: The purpose of this unit standard is for person required to assess the emergency situation and providing basic Life Support and Basic First Aid in order to stabilize patients prior to to transfer to the emergency services.
Outcomes: The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Demonstrate an understanding of emergenc scene management
- Demonstrate an understanding of elementary anatomy and physiology
- Assess an emergency situation
- Apply First Aid procedures to the life-threatening situation
- Treat common injuries
1. Explain the principles of advanced First Aid in emergencies.
2. Demonstrate an adavanced level of preparedness to deal with sudden illness or emergency.
3. Access and manage an emergency scene or disaster.
4. Describe the anatomy and explain the phsysiology of the human body in terms of injury and sudden illness.
5. Apply primary first aid life support for adults, children and infants acording to accepted current protocols.
6. Explain the causes of shock and the emergency treatment thereoff: e.g. cardigenic, hypovolaemic and anaphylactic.
Duration: 5 days