Do you know what to do in the following scenario?
You can know what to do in each of these scenarios! Attend a first aid course today!
First Aid is given to a casualty to:
- Preserve Life
- Prevent the condition from worsening; and to
- Promote recovery
Acredtiation: This course is a fully SAQA / HWSETA Accredited course and is based on SAQA Unit Standard Number 119567. Entry Level is level 1 (Grade 10, English).
Purpose: The purposes of this unit standard is for persons required to assess the emergency situation and providing basic Life Support and Basic First Aid in order to stabilize patients prior to transfer to the emergency services.
Outcomes: The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Demonstrate an understanding of emergency scene management
- Demonstrate an understanding of elementary anatomy and physiology
- Assess an emergency situation
- Apply First Aid procedures to the life-threatening situation
- Treat common injuries
1. Emergency scene Management and Safety
2. Principles of breathing
3. CPR - one man, two man CPR, CPR on minors and babies
4. Choking - adults, children, minors and babies
5. Bleeding - internal and external bleeding
6. Fractures - open and close fractures
7. Burns - hot burns and chemical burns
Duration: 3 days